[Sidefx-houdini-list] maya camera to houdini

Jeffery Beeland dbeeland at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 00:42:17 EDT 2006

Liaison is mine, but I'll be honest to say that it's rickety at best.
It was mostly a proof of concept that I did on the side while I was in
school.  It did handle complex camera animation, however.  The most
important aspect of that is to make sure you're working with world space
coords..  If I remember right, the query mode of the "xform" command can
be used for that.  It seems like I was using getAttr() (I think?) at one
point, but that's only going to give you the channel values for the
object queried, which will not account for any complex parenting.

I always meant to go back and rewrite it in a proper fashion, but you
know how that goes. :)

--Jeff