[Sidefx-houdini-list] RealFlow4

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 03:41:48 EDT 2006

On 10/2/06, zhang xiao <zhangxiao6776 at gmail.com> wrote:
> so next version will have fluid DOPs,  can't wait to see, thanks  Rick.
> xiao
Yes H stands for Houdini.
And yes the next version will have fluids, this is not new:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=4609
The first look at the demo at the last London event, and a little talk
with Cristin from Side FX, give me the idea that the new fluids in
Houdini ar, by far, more powerful than RealFlow and Maya together.
RealFlow is only good for fluids like water or other types of liquids,
Maya fluids are only good for gases.
The Houdini fluids demos show solvers for liquids, gases or even sand,
and not mixing solvers based in level sets and other based in SPH
(particles).
I think that the first version will need some refinement like the
first RBD or Wire solvers in DOPS but the concept is by far much more
advanced than any other fluid solution in the market. (For digital
image creation)

> On 10/2/06, Rick Walia <rickw at the-mill.com> wrote:
> >
> > I can't speak for Pablo but I imagine that H = Houdini?
> >

> > On 10/2/06 1:21 PM, "zhang xiao" <zhangxiao6776 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > what "H" stands for, Pablo, Thanks
> > > xiao

> > in