[Sidefx-houdini-list] CAD to Houdini

Jerry jerry at topix.com
Mon Oct 2 10:01:47 EDT 2006

If you have maya, there is a route you can go which i've used a couple
of times.
I've never tried it with trimmed surfaces though, but i'm sure there's a
workaround if you can separate the
trims out.

Anyway it goes something like this.
Open the surfaces in U and V in maya, then convert to poly. export as an
obj. Load obj into houdini then
convert to nurbs and close in U and V.

Is a bit cumbersome, but i've found it works pretty well.

Hope that helps

Jerry