[Sidefx-houdini-list] CAD to Houdini

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 09:10:24 EDT 2006

You could try having them export another format- I think Houdini does read
in .dxf files or you could perhaps try iges...  Or you can try  PolyTrans as a
translator, but that costs money.  It might do a better job  in converting a
standard CAD file to a nice Houdini friendly .bgeo (but I found  a bug where
Polytrans didn't turn a UV into a Houdini UVW properly, but there is  a bug fix
for this)...

Also, you might want to have the company scale it up before exporting if  the
scale is small.  I seem to remember a problem where precision issues  messed
up a model, but can't remember the details.

-Craig

In a message dated 10/1/2006 8:00:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,