[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9 Sneak Peek

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Thu Nov 30 17:55:29 EST 2006

James Rutherford wrote:
> So what is HOM ...I'm a little unclear....

I'm assuming it is a tree-like representation of the scene where each
component is a Houdini object able to describe its interface and
parameters.  For example, with hscript you need to know the appropriate
parameters to 'opparm'.  In an object model, you can the object, "so,
tell me about yourself?  What methods do you have?  What parameters do
you accept and what is the range of those parameters?"  I'm assuming
this because it fits in very nicely with python's introspection.  An
object model facilitates writing powerful tools that do more and require
less maintenance.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry