[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9 Sneak Peek

Mark Alexander malexander at sidefx.com
Thu Nov 30 17:48:55 EST 2006

> So what is HOM ...I'm a little unclear....

In a nutshell, HOM (Houdini Object Model) allows you to use python
anywhere that you normally use expressions or hscript. It also adds
Houdini specific classes & methods, which more or less replace Hscript &
the expression language.

Python is a lot more friendly than both the C-expression-like nature of
the expression language, and the C-shell-like nature of Hscript. You'll
still be able to use old scripts & such; HOM works alongside it, so you
have some time to learn it & migrate (which we think most people will
after a bit of exposure to HOM).

Cheers,
M.