[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, Linux, & Macbook Pro

Rick Walia rickw3d at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 12:40:53 EST 2006

That's just it, I'm not comparing the performance to anything. I don't think
it would be fair to compare a laptop to my workstation.

The workstation I had at work was a 3dboxx (Athlon 64 X2 5000, 4 gigs of ram
and NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500) this monster would crush my laptop Borat style ;)

I don't need a 3d powerhouse for my laptop so I'm pretty much satisfied with
the performance.
If there are some .hip files that were used for benchmarking, I'd be happy
to try them out.

On 11/28/06, Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) <dave.johnson at ngc.com> wrote:

> This is pretty exciting. I think I may have to try this myself. What are
> you comparing the performance to? i.e. what kind of workstation do you
> usually work on?
>
> Dave

/R

www.rickwalia.com