[Sidefx-houdini-list] Space Pilot support for Houdini ...

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Mon Nov 27 17:59:40 EST 2006

We just purchased a 3dconnexion (Logitech) "Space Pilot"
    http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/3a4.php
for use with the CSG package SolidWorks.  The 6 degree-of-freedom
controller for the viewport is really amazing.  3dconnexion's web site
claims native support for 3DS Max, Maya and Xsi but no mention of
Houdini.  With this glaring omission ;-), I sent an email to the support
desk only to get the following fob-off:

    Darran,

    At this time, Side Effects Houdini is not on the 3D
    Connexion Supported Applications list.  Should this change, I
    will contact you.

    Peter

    Technical Support Help Desk
    3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
    (800)344-1609
    helpdesk at 3dconnexion.com

Is anyone else interested in this device for use with Houdini?
Alternatively, are there other such devices that have Houdini (and
Solidworks) support?

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry