[Sidefx-houdini-list] import surface variable ???

Ivan DeWolf ivan at martian-labs.com
Mon Nov 27 16:01:42 EST 2006

your SOP level geometry might be a bit coarse, another good solution is to
compute everything you need in the displacement shader and then pass it all to
the surface shader.  The displacement context doesn't have access to all the
same variables, but you can usually work around that.

Quoting b.fx at free.fr:

> Hello
>
> The surface shader is apply only after the displacement is done, (as far as
> know). You will have to create your attribute at SOP level, then use it in
> displacement and then in Surface.
>
> francois
>
> Quoting Luc Froelicher <lulu at alamaison.fr>:
>
> > the docs speaks about "Import Surface Variable" Vop.
> > I just don't find it anywhere in the menus.
> > I'm in a displacement shader ... and would like to get data from my
> > surface shader.
> >
> > luc

-Ivan