[Sidefx-houdini-list] changing particle rendering aspect ..

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 18:21:16 EST 2006

Luc Froelicher wrote:
> thanks .
> I'm investigating particle rendering atm so I'm trying to understand
> how things are passing from popnet to sop to shader
Hi Luc,

The primitive of type "Particle System" holds this information, which is
passed on to the renderer. When you middle click on the sop you
unfortunately don't get to see any of the attributes, but they are
there, inside the "Particle System".

To change the particle system's render type in sops use a Primitive Sop
and tweak the settings in the Particles tab. Particle size and blur are
also in that tab.

You can alter the individual particles attributes (size, instance,
colour) in sops using a Point Sop, which also has a Particles tab.

I hope this helps,
Rangi.