[Sidefx-houdini-list] shaders, takes and .bgeos

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 05:05:25 EST 2006

Hi,

Is there any way to get a Switch SHOP working with a Shader SOP set to
not Use Indirect References (so it uses the opdef command to create the
shader)?

The reason for asking is that I am setting up render passes using Takes
and would like to reference in the geometry at OBJ Level using the
Render From File option.

I guess one solution might be to have a separate .bgeo file for each
pass and switch them over using Takes. I was just wondering however if
there was a more dynamic alternative where a .bgeo file could still
respond a Takes based input rather than generating a single locked
shader as an internal command.

Any help with this enquiry would be warmly welcome.

Regards,

Phil.