[Sidefx-houdini-list] model

jrutherford at stclaircollege.ca jrutherford at stclaircollege.ca
Tue Nov 14 21:06:17 EST 2006

true, I guess you could say that just about anything could be called
modelling....writing a shader, especially if you have displacement is
really modelling and most of what I used to do in my film days was
"modelling" with light and shadow.  I mainly teach advanced Maya now and
most of my lessons have a lot of procedural elements involved...be it
methods to do procedural skin or muscles or displacements driven with set
driven key or expressions....
I'm mainly curious as to how many people out there are actually "building
the lion in Houdini as opposed to using it to just shake the mane".
Jim