[Sidefx-houdini-list] model

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:35:32 EST 2006

> I totally understand... and yeah .... i'm mostly interested in #1  :)

In that case - people doing effects use Houdini to model all the time.
I've heard effects defined as anything that moves - but which isn't a
character. (It's not too far from there to the idea that effects is
anything that is not a number #2.) The list of possible effects is by
this definition big, and so you could summise that Houdini get's used
for modelling a lot - but for a lot of disparate and potentially
infinite things.

Getting back to James initial question though - I've personally used
it for creating a library of animating trees. (L-systems.) Also, to
make a long strip of cling wrap that bounces and stretches and deforms
to match the shape of objects that it comes in contact with.

Cheers