[Sidefx-houdini-list] model

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:39:57 EST 2006

is it useful to seperate out two modelling paradigms?

1./ Procedural modelling with deformation/animation controls embedded
at various stages of the modelling process.

2./ Modelling for the sole purpose of deformation after the fact.

Due to popular conventions, when people speak of "modelling" they are
normally talking about 2, but 1 definitely has it's applications in
various effects - such as anything that moves that can't be controlled
easily or precisely using the sort of deformation controls that are
available for moving pre-built geometry.

Cheers