[Sidefx-houdini-list] Looping through particle groups espression

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:42:12 EST 2006

Hi list.
I have asked the same question in Odforce too:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=4742&st=0&gopid=31988&#entry31988
My problem is how to loop over group of particles, I want to use the
groups created by the proximity group, there are so many so I have
some  autometed way to do this.
Because there aren't any haspoint or pointlist function for POP one
idea is to use an expression to select the group to use in an
operator.
So for every particle the Source Group parameter in an operator
change, this way I can apply an operator to all the groups created by
the Proximity POP because it creates one group per particle.
I have tested this expressions in a Source group parameter of a color
Pop to apply different color to every group:
`strcat(proxgroup, $ID)`
`strcat(proxgroup, "$ID")`
`strcat(proxgroup, ftoa($ID))`
`evals("strcat(proxgroup, $ID)")`
All the time a I get this error:
proxgroup0 doesn't exist.
So all the time $ID is returning 0, not the id of the particle,
fucntions like ftoa() doesn't work either.
Some clues about this problem, or other strategies to do the same?

Thanks.

--

Un saludo
Best Regards