[Sidefx-houdini-list] model

Richard Wilson richard at primalpictures.com
Tue Nov 14 10:35:15 EST 2006

Following on from what Simon has said, and for those of you who don't
know, here at Primal Pictures we've built an anatomically correct 3D
model dataset of a female human, it's made up of over 5000 different
anatomical components (i.e 3D models).

We're still refining the Dataset. At the moment I'm working on fixing
any cranial vessels and nerves that are affected by the Simons new
"Brain" model. Someone else is rebuilding the Lung Bronchials, another
the Lymphatic system of the Head. And someone else the internals of a
Tooth..

At the last count the model consists of roughly 4.1 million primitives
made up from 17 million points. If we were to convert all the Nurbs
surfaces to polys too the number would be even higher.

It's taken us over 10 years to get this far and we modeled and rendered
it all in Houdini (oh, and Prisms before that)

Richard