[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ubuntu?

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Nov 14 07:55:29 EST 2006

Hi

Is there anyone currently using Ubuntu who recommends it? I installed it
last night on my laptop and was initially very impressed with it's
slickness - I've been trying to find an alternative to Suse 10.1 which
has freezing problems on my new laptop. Is Ubuntu a good distro for 3D?
Checking briefly it seems that mplayer and similar don't seem as
straight forward to install as on Suse or Fedora - is there anything
similar to the packman Yum/Apt-get repositories?

Thanks

Dan