[Sidefx-houdini-list] CATIA v5 to Houdini

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) dave.johnson at ngc.com
Wed Nov 8 13:27:43 EST 2006

Has anyone heard of a path to go from CATIA v5 to Houdini? I know they can output iges, step, or vrml.

I have had less than happy results from iges, since most engineers use instancing quite heavily for their designs, and giges doesn't handle that at all.

I don't know of anything that will translate STEP models to anything that Houdini can use.

VRML only exports from Houdini, not import (which is the direction I need to go).