[Sidefx-houdini-list] complex ripple effect

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Tue Nov 7 04:46:40 EST 2006

Hi,

You could save the particles that hit the surface to a geo file sequence.
And in that sequence the particles should only exist on the frame that they
hit the surface. A collision group would do.

Then in the surface shader you can read in those geo's as a pointcloud.
The distance value to each point will give a nice ramp to put a sine wave
on.

Cheers,
benS