[Sidefx-houdini-list] moire patterns

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Nov 6 05:09:22 EST 2006

Both these are a good way to get rid of the aliasing. But, you may also
want to do some kind of anisotropic shading too represent some of the
subpixel detail you are knocking out with your filtering. If you don't
be sure to crank your shading rate and pixel samples up massively.

Since you are using renderman and if you go the texture route and map it
on to a spherical object, as you seem to be, it's also worth consider
making your textures with their full mip-maps "txmake  -pattern all".
Otherwise I would expect you to still get aliasing on the edges.