[Sidefx-houdini-list] tool efficiency benchmarks

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 20:15:19 EST 2006

On 02/11/06, Craig Zerouni <craig at sidefx.com> wrote:
> Tentative conclusion: software product A was more productive than
> software product B.

Interesting - thanks for the data.

> But nobody is ever going to spend the money, on
> purpose anyway, to conduct those kinds of experiments.

True - but wouldn't it be great if someone somewhere (with a bent for
statistics) went to every major feature animation and VFX production
house that does big shows, and gathered staffing, tooling, schedule,
and misc info for every show they'd done over the last 10 years? With
enough sample data surely some conclusions could be arrived at? Hmm.
Could be a graduate project in there somewhere for someone...

Cheers