[Sidefx-houdini-list] VDTM

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 04:54:23 EST 2006

Hi everybody...

I want to implement View Dependent Texture Mapping (VDTM) in houdini.
The visiblity test can be solved using Depth Maps from light sources.
I am writing a shader for the same, which has an illuminance loop, and simply writes  the Cl parameter to Cf.

vector Nf = normalize(N);
    illuminance (P, Nf, M_PI_2) {
         shadow(Cl);
col_sum += Cl;
}

But it is not evaluating the shadow. And when I use diffuse() function it evaluates the shadow corrcectly. What can be the problem ?

----iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
(TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics)