[Sidefx-houdini-list] Fedora Core 6 and Houdini Aprentice Problem

EzequielM ezequielm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 23:07:34 EST 2006

Hi!!!
i have just set up my linux box with a FC6, and i cannot install houdini
aprentice

When i install it, in the licensing server section install it gives me a
"hserver: command not found" and it goes on installing
Then, i source houdini bash, run hkey and the terminal says"X11 Error (171):
BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device
" and then the hkey app appears and give me a: "License Error: Unable to
connect to hserver for license acquisition"
The only thing that i can recall that was a littler weird was:
-that the anaconda error that picks the i586 on some i686 systems, that i
fixed replacing the kernel
-I had a Intel Network nic that i removed from the box, and didnt "erase"
the links and confs of that network device (it was the eth1) and the system
keeps trying to bring the adapter in the eth devices list altough it is
listed as inactive

...im runing gnome, with aigxl, and beryl, nvidia 7950GT beta driver from
nvidia, wacom intuos3 19x12 (drv version 0.7.4), two indepent X systems at
1600x1200 at 80hz, im running out of options about what the heck can i do to
solve this

im still waiting to get rid of this error for going on with the setup of
ieee1394 network and the rest of the things

Thanx in advance

[root at Marisa ~]# uname -r
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
[root at Marisa ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1866.715
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3736.39

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1866.715
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 3733.62

--
Ezequiel Mastrasso

Te:  +54-11-5715-7669