[Sidefx-houdini-list] sketch look and poses

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Nov 1 16:23:06 EST 2006

We're gearing up for production on
a job that has a two part problem.

Part 1 .... we need ( I think just poses, not full animation )
of a variety of track and field events. Some
with a woman, some with a man ....... but a lot of them.

Part 2 is that the end look should be sketch
or toon like ........ or a mix between.

The bigger issue is part 2. I know this has come
up a bunch of times before. I'm just wondering if
there has been any new developments on the
Houdini front to help achieve this kind of look.
In the past we have been able to get some
cool looking results with high contrast renders
and some hoop jumping in COPs.

Some in our group are pointing toward
sketck and toon for Cinema4D as an option.
The stills certainly look impress, but I have not
seen samples in motion ........... and honestly
would love to find a way to work a Houdini solution
out if at all possible.

Part 1 is a bit more straight forward if it remains
simply poses. However, there is still pressure
to create these poses as efficiently as possible
(since it is one element of a larger project with
many other needs).

Again, there is some thought that working with
Poser might  be a quicker way to create these
poses. However, I don't personally have any
production experience with this program so
it's tough to judge.

At this point we're starting to figure
out our plan of attack. I was simply wondering
if anybody has any experience/opinions about
either Poser or "Sketch and Toon" ( especially
looking at it from a Houdini point of view).

As always, thank very much in advance for
any thought. Would really love to work this
all out in Houdini if possible.

Thanks,

Larry

--