[Sidefx-houdini-list] a52 leaves houdini?

Jeffery Beeland dbeeland at comcast.net
Fri Mar 31 23:32:26 EST 2006

I simply can't fathom R&H ever moving to a Windows-based pipeline, nor
using Maya for effects work.  However, I'm certainly not saying that we
set the industry standard; smaller houses might find it easier to hire
TDs when they're offering the user-friendly combination of
Windows/Maya.  It certainly requires less training than a Linux/Houdini
environment.

Easier is better most of the time, but I would question this move.

--Jeff