[Sidefx-houdini-list] Particle Flow

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 08:44:11 EST 2006

Hi Pablo,

  I saw the Creep Sop, It is quite intresting. But not what I want. With  Creep Sop Particles just follow the Surface, and not the Volume. I also  saw Creep Pop, but no Help. Anyway, thanks for ur Reply.

  -------iamjaideep80
  Jaideep Khadilkar
  TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics

Pablo Giménez <pablogipi at gmail.com> wrote:  I have just seen some Creep SOP examples in the Houdini doc, one of
this examples show how to drive a bunch of particles along a tube,
generated by a sweeped curve, maybe it helps.

On 3/31/06, Jaideep Khadilkar  wrote:
> Hi Everybody........
>
>  I had this question on the forum once, as, how to do, particle flow on  a curve, in Houdini, like Maya. I got one response, where we can modify  particle velocity, depending on the nearest tangent of the curve. It is  working fine.
> But the problem with this method is, that we can  not modify the flow using forces ( Fan, Gravity, Noise etc), after  using velocity POP. Also, in Maya, we can have Radius control for  particles following the curve, where we can determine, how packed, or  seperate the particles are, when they r following the curve. Can we  design such thing in Houdini?
>   Do u have any examples?
>
>   Plz. Help Me. Thanking in advance.
>
>   --------iamjaideep80
>   Jaideep Khadikar