[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hardware Choices

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Thu Mar 30 21:12:37 EST 2006

Not sure you will get much out of the dual core today-
We built our latest systems with dual cpu opteron 252s,
the systems have been rock solid--

We started out with a 64bit RH E- 4 build  -houdini seemed to run fine
but we had a series of driver issues that nudged us back to a 32 bit
system-

All this goes back to the beginning of the year- I'd love to hear
about people who
are having good luck (or not) running houdini on 64bit  systems-

Jed-