[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs

rafal baq8 at op.pl
Thu Mar 30 13:46:12 EST 2006

Hi people.

    I would like to hear your opinion about new dynamics in Houdini. I
have much more experience with other 3d app but really would like to do
some cool stuff with DOPs but... After few days of playing with it I get
enough. Maybe it's just me but in my opinion it takes too much time to
set all these stuff to work correct. In example in other 3D app I just
select geo and set it as rigidBody active or passive or just can apply
gravity to geo and it follows down. Is this approach (just one click and
make it rigid) wrong?

    Also rigidBodyConstraints are strange to me. What U people think
about DOPs comparing it to another dynamics engines/solutions in other apps?
Have U more advanced Houdini users plan to use it in any movies?

r|m