[Sidefx-houdini-list] compressed rib?

Rob Pieké pieke at coredp.com
Thu Mar 16 09:16:00 EST 2006

> If you're only worried about disk space you could wrap your rib output in
> a call to catrib, I think it has a -binary option, but you might get
> subtly different results.

And '-gzip'. Just make sure your RIB is "clean". We ran into an issue
where certain RIB files went through the 'render' command without any
problems but would cause 'catrib' to choke. The culprit, in the end, was
a shader OTL that wasn't declaring the type of each parameter (so you'd
end up with something like: Surface "mySurface" "myParam" [1] ... and
then catrib would die not knowing what kind of parameter 'myParam' was).

Cheers!