[Sidefx-houdini-list] compressed rib?

Christopher Lawrence Chris.Lawrence at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Mar 16 03:26:11 EST 2006

> Hey there -
>
> I've been digging through documentation ( I'm sure somebody will
> point me to it on the first page ) to find out how I can get houdini
> to write out compressed rib files.  Is it possible?
>
> cheers - colin.

[I'm off list]

This is a serious pain in the arse... sesi use their own rib library (not
librib), which gets precision all wrong (wtf is the point in 11 s.f
ascii!?), and doesn't support binary/gzipped modes.

If you're only worried about disk space you could wrap your rib output in
a call to catrib, I think it has a -binary option, but you might get
subtly different results.

Cheers,

Chris