[Sidefx-houdini-list] audio - chops

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Mar 15 13:54:13 EST 2006

Were using chops to import audio
track ( music ) which are then used to drive
animation ....... birthing blast of
particles and pulsing waves through geometry, etc.

With some massaging in chops we're able
to very easily pull some rhythmic spikes
off of certain tracks and get great results.

With other tracks it's very difficult to isolate the
high points we need to grab. Most of the time
we are trying to pull out strong bass lines or
drum beats ( kind of club type music with repeating
beats).

I'm wondering if there are any chops we're
overlooking that might help us isolate out the
parts of the tracks we're trying key off of???
Right now we're playing a lot with the resample and
filter (with sharpen) to create distinct high points.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta