[Sidefx-houdini-list] Reflection Blur Based On Distance

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 05:18:36 EST 2006

Hi Everybody........

 I am facing a problem, I am trying to write a Vex Shader for Metal Object. I want it to reflect, but reflection should fade out as the distance between this surface and reflected object increases. I thought there would br similar post in Houdini Forums and Mail Archive. But couldn't find such thing.

 I am using reflectlight() function right now, but it doen't give the distance between current point and reflected object. How to get it?
 Also, the reflection should be blured.
  Waiting for ur answer....

 ---------iamjaideep80
 Jaideep Khadilkar