[Sidefx-houdini-list] exporting 3d tracking data in houdini

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:00:26 EST 2006

I have used PFTrack.
It exports all the data to .chan files, and I haven't had any problem.
Only you have to pay attention to the frequency of the channels.
In my case I remember that by default it exports to NTSC, so 30 fps,
and I am using PAL, so I have to change the rate of the channels.
The rest works prefectly.
I have used both Houdini 7 and 8 with PFTrack.

On 3/10/06, Dante Allegria <danteallegria at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> --- Jean-Claude <jclaude at mimgfx.com> wrote:
> > this might be a stupid guess.. but when importing animation from Maya
> > first time.. i had several headace cause of the "homing" of the CHOP
> > viewer which after import.. i had object not maching Maya tracked
> > animation... the problem was that when importing .chan files (dunno
> > about 3De) the CHOP viewport MUST be homed and not zoomed or anything
> > else.
>
> I've never had any problems with this at all using the File CHOP. I
> think you're confusing the Graph Editor and the CHOP Viewer.
>
> Back to the original problem, I'd bet it's the sample rate being
> different on the File CHOP. Explicitly set it to the correct one.
>
> dante
>
> dante

Un saludo
Best Regards