[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra Point Instancing with Read Geo Fromfile

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 03:56:44 EST 2006

On 3/9/06, Simon Barrick <simon at primalpictures.com> wrote:
> Absolutely the way to go, renders are way quicker and writing out ifds
> is a snap. Couldn't live without it.
I am curious about this technique, never used it except for particles
instancing.
Why the render is faster? It is rendering the same geometry, or not?
Maybe is faster when loading the needed data?
Mantra memory footprint is smaller when using point istancing?
And the last, what techniques are better to substitute your object,
for instance a character, for a point and then use point instancing
with the previously baked geometry?
Thanks.
Ah! Rick please greets Jordibares. It is great to see that The Mill is
using Houdini again :)

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez