[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra Point Instancing with Read Geo From file

Rick Walia rickw at the-mill.com
Thu Mar 9 10:41:28 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm working on a script that automates some of my point instancing workflow.

I just noticed that the geo object that I'm instancing can be written to
a bgeo sequence and on the render tab, I can set this to read geometry
from file. I did try this and I see the .bgeo is referenced in the .ifd
file.

My question is, is this technique of "instancing read archives" safe to
deploy site-wide or am I just gettting lucky that it works in my test?

Rick Walia

The Mill