[Sidefx-houdini-list] exporting 3d tracking data in houdini

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Mar 9 10:37:06 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 10:05, Jean-Claude wrote:
> this might be a stupid guess.. but when importing animation from Maya
> first time.. i had several headace cause of the "homing" of the CHOP
> viewer which after import.. i had object not maching Maya tracked
> animation... the problem was that when importing .chan files (dunno
> about 3De) the CHOP viewport MUST be homed and not zoomed or anything else.

	3DE actually generates a cmd file that you source in Houdini, but good to
know.  :)  We've never had any trouble importing 3DE stuff, unless there were
version issues(as I recall v7 introduced some major changes that needed
addressing), but typically it either imports and works, or it gives you
errors and you know something is wrong.

	One other thought, Melania - ensure you're using a clean, new session of
Houdini.  Things can get mucked up quickly if you attempt to import
repeatably into the same session - the cmd expects the node names to be
non-existing on import.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada