[Sidefx-houdini-list] exporting 3d tracking data in houdini

Jean-Claude jclaude at mimgfx.com
Thu Mar 9 10:05:26 EST 2006

Melania Fodritto wrote:
> Im trying to export 3d camera data from 3dEqualizer to Houdini. Although in 3dEqualizer the object is perfectly match to the camera movement, when I export the data in Houdini the data don`t work precisely anymore and the object doesn`t match( i.e. it slides etc..) Does someone can give me some advice or solutions to try?
>
> Mel

this might be a stupid guess.. but when importing animation from Maya
first time.. i had several headace cause of the "homing" of the CHOP
viewer which after import.. i had object not maching Maya tracked
animation... the problem was that when importing .chan files (dunno
about 3De) the CHOP viewport MUST be homed and not zoomed or anything else.

In fact.. i've got a RFE... import CHAN should MATCH the original frames
data.. and not the current Viewer zooming area... which i find pretty
useless..

cheers.

--
:: jean-claude