[Sidefx-houdini-list] Image File Formats

Johnson, Dave (Space Technology) dave.johnson at ngc.com
Mon Mar 6 22:08:32 EST 2006

We've been using .rla image files forever. Recently there was a bug in the remote rendering (that SESI kindly fixed right away) that seemed to affect .rla files more than .pic or .exr, so I started using .exr for a bit. Then I got the fix from SESI and I can use what I want, but I'm curious what formats people are using for what processes.

I don't mean for this to be a religious debate about formats, I realize there are different formats for many reasons--I'm just interested in WHY you use what you use.

Dave