[Sidefx-houdini-list] Compositing -> Deep Raster -> Targa

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:26:50 EST 2006

Tiff should work - but aside from the file format - last time I
looked, Pz out of Houdini wasn't anti-aliased. You end up with square
(micro-polygon size) edges. For smoother zdepth you can create a vex
shader and render an extra pass:

1./ Global variables vop
2./ length vop
3./ shift vop

* Wire "I" from Globals into length.
* Wire length into val in the shift vop.
* Work out the most distant object in your render, and set up new
range in your shift vop. (Render all scene layers with this range.)

>From here you can do two things to output:

1./export a value using a parameter vop and set up a deep raster
output for the exported depth value.

2./ add a float to vec vop and wire shift into all three (or just one)
value of the float2vec. From here you can wire straight into Cf and
render a seperate color pass.

Cheers