[Sidefx-houdini-list] Smoothing Filter In Houdini

Sean Lewkiw sean.lewkiw at framestore-cfc.com
Sat Mar 4 06:33:20 EST 2006

I think you can write a VEX that does the same thing as the Realflow
smoothing algorithm.  Basically, after converting to poly, you just
subtract some percentage of the average of the point positions of every
points nearest neighbor, and do as many iterations of this as necessary
to get the thin streamy look.  I think.  This is something that Joe
Thornley, (founder of the Thornley Null ©) showed me.

Sean