[Sidefx-houdini-list] pre/post cmd for op creation

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:59:48 EST 2006

Yep, you can use a Creation Script. They're not used so much anymore
because the Presets->Make Permanent Defaults does a lot of what people
used to use it for.

Basically, you have a script in a specific place in your HOUDINI_PATH
(something like $HOME/houdini8.0/script/sop/) named the same as your
operator (xform.cmd) and whatever is in it will run after you add the
new operator, each time.

I may have the paths wrong above, check in $HFS/houdini/scripts for
examples. Bones use these a lot I believe

Cheers,

Peter B