[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render E-Mail Notification

Rick Walia rickw at the-mill.com
Fri Mar 3 10:36:37 EST 2006

Huey Freeman wrote:

> I'm trying write a simple script to use for email notification when my
> renders are complete, or error out here at school. My idea was to
> create a script to open an internet browser, and a given URL. This url
> would be a php file which can then take care of the email portion. I
> was looking for some insight into creating this script and what it
> would take. I'm on windows machine, and am not sure how to get my
> script to open up the external application. Thanks.

How about the system expression:
system("full/path/to/my/external/application")

On my machine I can run mozilla from houdini by running the system
expression:
`system("/usr/bin/mozilla www.google.com")`

You can also use the hscript unix copmmand to run an external application.
unix("usr/bin/mozilla www.google.com")

I imagine this would work on windows too with the correct path.

Hope this helps,

--
Rick Walia

The Mill