[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Mental Ray Setup

Haarm-Pieter Duiker list at duikerresearch.com
Wed Mar 1 12:57:50 EST 2006

Hello,

Setting up a ray3rc file to link and include your standard shaders will
solve the problem you are seeing.

You installation of mental ray should have a ray3rc file one up from the bin
directory that ray.exe exists in. It's pretty straightforward to modify, but
if you need more information, look in the mental ray manual under
Parallelism, Filename Rewriting (18.6 in the third edition). You can also
use the command "ray -v 7" to see which ray3rc file is being used and then
which shaders are loaded based on that file.

Hope that helps,
Haarm-Pieter Duiker