[Sidefx-houdini-list] Running a script to setvariablesfromaC-shell script

Dante Allegria danteallegria at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 1 01:44:16 EST 2006

> Have you tried using the '-p' option with the set
> command? For example:
>   set -p renw = 360
>   set -p renh = 240
>   set -p renx = 0.9

While that works, it can also be a bit dangerous. :) That aside, I
thought I saw an example in the help somewhere (which I can no longer
seem to find) on how to use "set -p" to do pass by reference by sending
the name of the variable to modify (similar to using upvar in Tcl).

I think it was something along these lines ...

myscript.cmd:
    set -p $arg1 = 5

caller to myscript.cmd:
    myscript.cmd return_value
    echo $return_value

--- "Robert D.M. Smith" <robert.dm.smith at rogers.com> wrote:

> --- Robert Persons <robert at adtechinc.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The simplified "bunchofvariables" script is:
> >
> > # Set resolution of renders to 360 x 240 .9
> >
> > set renw = 360
> > set renh = 240
> > set renx = .9
>

> Have you tried using the '-p' option with the set
> command? For example:
>   set -p renw = 360
>   set -p renh = 240
>   set -p renx = 0.9