[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Other Linux Options

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jul 31 12:58:19 EDT 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 11:53, Doug Struthers wrote:
> Hi
>
> AMD 3800 x64 dual and Houdini8.1.673 64bit
>
> We are experiencing problems with Suse10.1
>
> Things like the clock getting set to other date and times on reboot,
> disabling a user account on reboot, and others.  The os is installed on 3
> identical systems.

	Weird.  You definitely don't need to pay for an enterprise release, though.
As already suggested, FC should suit you fine.

	However, if you're partial to SUSE, we've been running 9.1 all the way to
10.0, in both 32 and 64 bit, with no serious troubles(currently all 10.0).  I
have heard of some issues with 10.1, but you might want to try installing
10.0 on one of the systems and see if it improves.  You won't be giving up
any coolio neat software - the upgrade doesn't appeal to me personally.

	It is in the realm of possibility that the identical hardware you're running
has some component that doesn't have a good linux driver yet, however.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada