[Sidefx-houdini-list] Demo Reel Question

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 04:56:30 EDT 2006

I am complitely agree with Peter and John, I think that the best is to
make one rally cool FX shot with a good breackdown that shows that you
really knows the techniques you have used in your effect.
Short story is great but I think that this is better for a personal
proyect rather than to get a job.
A good short film needs time to get the enough quality, when you need
to get a job normally you don't have this amount of time.
So it's better to have a little very good thing that a bug normal thing.

On 7/28/06, info at 1stopsolutions.net <info at 1stopsolutions.net> wrote:
> Well my business is now closed as of today so now I can dedicate myself 100% to
> my demo reel and finding a 3D job! I have two different ideas of hwhat to do
> for my demo reel and was wanting some feedback, escpecially from those of you
> who actually look at them and do hiring. Mine goal is to become a Houdini
> Effects TD. The two main ideas I have are to do several complex effects shots
> or to complete a 1.5 min short that I have been wanting to do for a long time.
> The short contains effects but is primarly animation. The short would show
> extensive use of the procedural workflow, animation, instancing, lighting,
> particle effects, and some DOPs. Then I thought I would end either one with
> breakdowns of how I accomplished the shots.
> I am leaning heavily toward doing the short but really wanted to hear if I was
> on the right track before investing lots of time into it.
> Thanks, Jerry

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez