[Sidefx-houdini-list] Demo Reel Question

Garman Herigstad garman_lists at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 29 15:35:58 EDT 2006

Sorry for the one line reply to your question.   I was in a hurry this morning.

 I have a Houdini school in the Dallas Texas Area, soon to offer online courses.  A new service has just been started to offer help for demo reel preparation.

 Help for demo reels is a question that I get very often and it makes sense to offer this service.  It's not just for the "effects" part of visual effects but open to all computer graphics (3d and 2d) reels.  It includes suggestions for your cover letter, resume, demo reel, shot sheet and how you do in an interview.

 To find out more, visit http://www.vizyacky.com/vfxreel

 -Garman

--- info at 1stopsolutions.net wrote:

> Well my business is now closed as of today so now I
> can dedicate myself 100% to
> my demo reel and finding a 3D job! I have two
> different ideas of hwhat to do
> for my demo reel and was wanting some feedback,
> escpecially from those of you
> who actually look at them and do hiring. Mine goal
> is to become a Houdini
> Effects TD. The two main ideas I have are to do
> several complex effects shots
> or to complete a 1.5 min short that I have been
> wanting to do for a long time.
> The short contains effects but is primarly
> animation. The short would show
> extensive use of the procedural workflow, animation,
> instancing, lighting,
> particle effects, and some DOPs. Then I thought I
> would end either one with
> breakdowns of how I accomplished the shots.
> I am leaning heavily toward doing the short but
> really wanted to hear if I was
> on the right track before investing lots of time
> into it.
> Thanks, Jerry

Garman Herigstad
garman at vizyacky.com