[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Jul 28 12:41:08 EDT 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 12:31, Peter Robbinson wrote:
> Yes, Shake is done, but presumably Apple will be replacing it with
> something "better". There are alot more Shake than Nuke users and I
> would expect dedicated Shake users to switch to whatever Apple comes up
> with.

	Perhaps.  There's a whole political element out there of where Apple will be
re: workstations and their licensing policies that will have an impact.
There are a *lot* of end users, and I don't just mean Linux users, that are
supremely pissed off about how Apple was selling Shake licenses to beat the
band right up until they abruptly shut it down.  Many thousands of dollars
were spent by end users that will go directly into the "bitterness" pool.
We'll see.  Also, the fact that they've only just started, and the end
product is so far away(I don't buy 2007 as a delivered, stable, full-featured
date), the market will change.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada