[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Jul 28 11:57:56 EDT 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 11:46, Peter Robbinson wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-28-07 at 15:33 +0100, louis at realisestudio.com wrote:
> > Dudes, lets be clear aboutthis, COPs needs to compete against Nuke, not
> > Shake. It's all there for the taking!
>
> Why do you say this Louis?

	I suspect because Shake is dead, no further development is being done on it
and there's not a lot of serious highend compositing apps out there except
Discreet(get your wallet out), Nuke(bit of a curve, but has a great toolset),
and Digital Fusion(which I saw demoed a month ago and it put me to sleep).

	To be honest, I never really ranked COPs as a serious competetor to the
dedicated highend compositing, simply because there are some very basic nodes
missing(a decent keyer, tracker and painter for the most part).  It is a
good, basic compositing tool, however, once they get the bugs ironed out.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada