[Sidefx-houdini-list] Demo Reel Question

info at 1stopsolutions.net info at 1stopsolutions.net
Fri Jul 28 11:42:13 EDT 2006

Well my business is now closed as of today so now I can dedicate myself 100% to
my demo reel and finding a 3D job! I have two different ideas of hwhat to do
for my demo reel and was wanting some feedback, escpecially from those of you
who actually look at them and do hiring. Mine goal is to become a Houdini
Effects TD. The two main ideas I have are to do several complex effects shots
or to complete a 1.5 min short that I have been wanting to do for a long time.
The short contains effects but is primarly animation. The short would show
extensive use of the procedural workflow, animation, instancing, lighting,
particle effects, and some DOPs. Then I thought I would end either one with
breakdowns of how I accomplished the shots.
I am leaning heavily toward doing the short but really wanted to hear if I was
on the right track before investing lots of time into it.
Thanks, Jerry